Monday, March 1, 2010

Busy Bee

Hi Laura!

Wow what a great post! I have to tell you that I really like the pillow sham you were planning to use as the center of R's quilt. To be honest I really liked the texture of it, nothing else screamed out at me. So if you think its the wrong choice, then we can design something new.

I have to warn you this one could be long. I have a lot to talk about.
First, I have a confession.

I craft with other people! I know, I know. It's just that you live so far away and sometimes I have needs. You know the crafting kind. So I craft with other people sometimes. Please don't hate me. Just so you know, these other crafter's are very talented and have helped me improve my technique. So I would like to show off some of their efforts, all of which are gifts I happen to be very grateful for.

These were made by friend Amy, they are for my hope chest. Just in case we ever have kids. But I like yours and hers for that matter, so for the time being I will just plan on babysitting.
Get this, the carrot is a rattle! So cute right?

Amy also made me this pot holder set, just cause she could. What a great crafting friend. The patterns for the pot holders, bibs and carrots can all be found on the Lion Brand website.


Laura, this is the cutest thing ever! It's a measuring tape of all things. My dear friend Laverne made this for everyone in our knitting group. She's got talent. She also happens to be my sock therapist. Here is the best part, the pattern is free so you can make it too. They have a lot of other great free patterns. http://www.spudandchloe.com/blog/


Speaking of the SOCK! We did have a bit of therapy and as you can see we made a bit of progress. I have to give most of the credit to the sock therapist. She really knows her stuff!
Secondly, I am working on some sewing of my own. One is a gift, so I can't show you until its been given and other is still in it's early stages. But here is a pic, just to wet your whistle.



And finally, I have been doing a bit of knitting.

I made this bib and burp cloth for a co-worker who is expecting this summer. I know how impressed you are that the gift is done in advance. The burp cloth is from the Mason-Dixon knitting book. Its an amazing book, every knitter should own a copy. The bib is from http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevs-washcloth-bib.html
Your prior post guilted me a little, so I whipped up the knitted version of the kitchen scrubber you made. Here is the website with the pattern and a tutorial. Sweet, right!
I love how much time we are spending together.Its awesome!
See you soon...Kate

P.S. I told you the pillow case would be awesome! And in 20 minutes no less!!! I bet I know what everyone is getting for Christmas ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment