Wednesday, January 13, 2010

R's Rocket, Holiday Sewing and More

Kate
As you previously posted, you made this awesome rocket pillow for R for his baptism. It's wonderful!

Here it is:




By the way, I absolutely love the book she got the idea from - One-Yard Wonders by Rebecca Yaker and Patricia Hoskins. Every project in the book requires only one yard of fabric. There are a handful of items for the kids that are already on my to do list! I got the book from the library, I have some fabric, now it's time to get started. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have some progress!

So what else have I worked on since last posting, which was way too long ago. Here is a little peak at some of the items I did over the holidays....

Kate's Christmas Gift. I got this idea from the Sewing Calendar which has sewing projects to work on throughout the year. The calendar is a great gift idea for crafters, coming in all varieties, knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking and more. These are little holiday house ornaments.

V's Christmas/Holiday PJs. These were super easy. I just made a pattern from a pair of her current pjs. And sewed. So easy!!!! Definately going to do more in the future.

I promise I'll have more to post soon, when I pull out the sewing machine again and start back on some "one-yard wonders".

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment